Today I share with you one of my favourite (no-longer-secret) products – the best exfoliant EVER 😀
I first learned of this product a few years ago from people on YouTube. Although I thought it was an interesting product, I didn’t actually purchase it until last year.
So… what the heck is this Natural Aqua Gel?
It’s a gel exfoliant that is one of Japan’s best selling products – selling 1 bottle every 20 seconds. And after using it, I can really see why it’s so popular.
Taken directly from Cure’s website:
Cure Natural Aqua Gel is a gentle and natural exfoliating gel that removes dead skin effectively without causing undue stress to the skin. Unlike chemical peels which use strong acid, Cure is very gentle on the skin and only removes unwanted dead skin. It does not dry or thin your skin which causes your skin to be vulnerable to sunlight. Made of 90% revitalized hydrogen water and natural plant extracts of aloe vera, gingko and rosemary. Contains no preservatives, fragrance, artificial colourings and alcohol.
It is amaaaazing! Does exactly what it says.
How I use?
- Comes in a 250g pump bottle. A somewhat opaque gel that turns into a clear and watery consistency once applied on the skin.
- Start with a clean, dry face. Apply liberally using as many pumps as needed!
- Leave for about 10-15 seconds. You will see the clear liquid become milky as it starts to react with your dead skin.
- Begin rubbing your face gently in circular motions for about a minute.
- THIS will happen:
- Rinse off. Pat dry. Continue with normal facial routine.
- Use 2-3 times a week.
Why I love?
- It is SUPER gentle on my face. There are no microbeads/crushed nuts/crystals etc rubbing on my skin and causing trauma. Does not leave my skin feeling tight, irritated, dry and flaky! And there’s no fragrance – which is a plus for me!
- It works and you SEE it!
- Leaves my face feeling so soft and fresh! I can even feel my creams absorbing into my skin better afterwards.
It’s an expensive product, around $35-40 a bottle (with shipping) but completely worth it. If you can spend $15+ on a tiny bottle of foundation to cover up your face, it deserves a product like this even more. I don’t believe it’s sold in Canada/Australia, however, you can get it on eBay, YesStyle, Amazon, etc. Personally, I buy from eBay because it’s generally a few dollars cheaper. Also one bottle goes a long way, I’ve been using the same one since September and it’s still 2/3 full.