I’ve made these twice this year and both times people have loved them. They try to blame me for potential weight gain but believe it or not, they’re not THAT bad.
Some have been asking me for the recipe and if you’ve asked me for recipes before, I’m sure you were only disappointed. Mainly because all my recipes go something like this: “Oh, well I just go for it. A little bit of this, a little bit of that and see what works”
Well! I can do a little better this time! Sort of…
You will need:
- Your favourite cookies
- Anything you would like to add to the truffle filling: nuts, dried fruit, chocolate chips, etc
- Cream cheese
- Milk/dark chocolate for melting and coating the balls.
- Sprinkles for decoration
Sorry but I’m very bad with amounts, mainly because I am never consistent and play cooking by ear.
- Finely crush the cookies, the more you crush, the more balls you’ll make. One pack of TimTams (9 cookies) will make around 15-20.
- Add in your additional fillings.
- Melt the creamcheese in microwave, to more you put in, the silkier and rich your filling will be. For the past 2 batches I’ve made, I’ve used a little over ½ a 250g container for each pack of TimTams
- Stir everything together until nice and smooth. It should naturally clump together but if the mixture is too liquid, put in the freezer for a few minutes before mixing again.
- Measure out 1 tbsp balls, then roll them and put in freezer. You can make them bigger or smaller – up to you!
- Break your chocolate into smaller pieces and melt them. Don’t overheat! Stir in peanut butter/flavour/nuts if you’d like
- Take the balls out of the freezer. Using a fork, dip the balls into the chocolate and place on a plate lined with parchment paper or saran wrap. Sprinkle toppings!
- Freeze or refrigerate until nice and hard!
Don’t be like me. Put more time into them and make them prettier! Haha